The Harisenbois are delighted to present you with a full patch for Shinobi Harisenbo, an otomege about a princess and her loyal shinobi (tl note: ninja) set in the Sengoku Era. Beset by an apparition that will kill her if she speaks untruth, can our princess at last tell her shinobi how she really feels?
(Japanese-only tyrano port with more content: https://novelgame.jp/games/show/3666. I may or may not port this to kirikiri for a translation. The Kirikiri version is not officially available anymore.)
This one’s been mostly done for a while but one of the bonus images took a lot of time to clean, and that was after taking a while to find an image editor. Oh, and the language used is kind of fancy and/or old-timey, and the translation attempts to reflect that; do be aware.
Known bugs / annoyances:
*A few long lines may have bad line breaking in the backlog.
*Saves made without the patch will probably not work with it. (because the in-script chapters are renamed)
FAQ: (fore-anticipated questions)
What’s the backlog hotkey?
R. Probably comes from the japanese “rireki”. I hate it too, but not enough to mess with the kirikiri hotkeys and add page up/down + mousewheel.
Why disable name selection?
There’s a lot more length variety in Western names than Japanese ones which would mess with line breaking. We may or may not also be biased against self-insertion features.
I heard rumors of an easter egg?
No you didn’t, but anyway… try extracting the game files 😉
I am someone’s sister, would you like to marry me Zaka?
Patch team: THE HARISENBOIS
Chacha (script ~85%, character intros)
Zakamutt (script ~15%, UI, most of afterword)
Zakamutt (like 10 lines anon inexplicably refused to do, random edits to taste in a finalizing pass)
Technical expert (“Hacker”)
Zakamutt (Kirikiri is so good to work withhhhh fuck nscripter and YU-RIS)
Technical autism notes:
There’s more involved in loc than just translating the text of the game. For example, the textbox originally was utilized much less efficiently; I changed it so that the name displays much higher up, giving extra space for long lines. I also rewrote the functions that writes the date string in savegames – the original implementation used a very convenient thing where it would just pick from an index in a string since all jp days can be represented with 1 character. I replaced the homepage link on the title screen with their new homepage – which they changed to a few months before this release. I changed the backlog window to use different margins, which made it so that fewer lines are prematurely character-wrapped. I also had to the alter the button position for the extra-big button I made for a very long choice text. Basically all of these things were fairly easy to do thanks to kirikiri’s scripts being fully decompilable, human-readable, and having easy-to-change constants defined. It’s mostly a question of finding the right setting, really.